Outside Sales Representative
Position: Outside Sales Representative
Territory: Northern California/Reno, Nevada
Armstrong Growers, a wholesale bedding plant grower located in Southern California; it is a division of Armstrong Garden Centers. We operate three growing facilities in Santa Paula, Fallbrook and Bermuda Dunes, CA and deliver throughout California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Nevada and into Texas.
Armstrong Growers is looking to fill a position in their new Northern CA territor. We sell only to the Independent Garden Centers including Ace, True Value and other independent hardware chains as well as commercial landscapers, resorts, amusement parks, HOA’s and Municipalities. We hire exceptional people who love what they do. We believe in building relationships, in solving problems and in delivering outstanding service throughout all levels of our business.
This territory has been operating for over a year and has doubled in size with tremendous opportunities and expectations for continued growth. The areas serviced include: Sacramento and North Valley, Bay Area (excluding downtown San Fran), Reno and possibly more areas. The territory is valued currently at about $1.2M with potential to grow to more than $1.5m. The ideal applicant will be located in the territory so as to be of best service to customers and accounts.
Must have a proven track record of sales performance. The candidate should possess strong communication skills, have the ability to work with the entire management and support teams, problem solve as well as be organized and able to represent Armstrong Growers’ product, company and most importantly, themselves to customers in a professional, consultative manner.
- Professional and personable sales skills, drive and an entrepreneurial spirit to create and maintain a solid book of business
- This is a remote position, so candidate must be a self-starter with the love of sales and the ability to skillfully manage the sales process
- Sales reps will adapt the process of cultivating and producing sales revenue through the development and growth of new sales and by increasing sales with existing accounts.
- Understand the core product line of bedding plants and the ancillary plants we grow throughout the year and be able to promote and sell a diverse product line.
- Brokered Houseplants
- Understand the basic retail environment with turning product, seasonality of appropriate plants and assisting the buyers in their weekly buying process.
- Be diligent to follow up on leads and research new opportunities for growth
- Articulate, clear communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Travels throughout the territory to call on regular customers and prospects
- Able to work with multiple people and skill levels
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- At least 3 years’ experience in selling B2B, preferable in horticulture or landscape with proven sales record.
- Some overnight travel required during peak selling season and for annual sales meeting
- Computer literate with Excel, knowledge of SBI and Salesforce is a bonus, but can be learned.
Important to Know:
- Armstrong Growers is an ESOP company – our ESOP earnings are a key part of our compensation package and our culture of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit
- Reports directly to the Sales Manager
- Full time – benefits eligible after the completion of 30 days
- Position is draw plus commission
- Paid expenses
- Sales Reps are paid an annual Draw with opportunity to receive a year-end bonus based on total sales